Wednesday, August 6, 2008

4 month update

I hit the 70 pound mark today! Whoop Whoop! Only 108 pounds to go.

I had all of my Dr.'s appointments August 4:

1. Family Dr. - Dr. Wunder. Sees me every few months for a blood pressure check. BP was 140/80. Still higher than he would like, but he is keeping me off of meds to see what happens as I continue to lose weight. I see him again in 3 months.

2. Surgeon - Dr. Evanson. He was very happy with my progress. I'm losing on schedule and he expects me to be under 200 pounds at my one year visit in April. I haven't been under 200 pounds since like 7th grade - that will be an awesome day! He is pleased that I've been walking, but wants me to start doing some more aerobic activity. He took me off the Lexapro (anti-depressant) and Carafate (coats stomach to aid in healing). So, now the only medication he has me on is prevacid. I think I take that until the 18 month mark.

3. Dietician - Nothing much new here. We went over what I've been eating and she approved of my meal plan. She did verify that my one cup of caffinated coffee every morning is perfectly fine. Thank goodness - I need that morning boost. I told her I was concerned because I've been experiencing some hair loss. She told me to start taking a daily supplement of Biotin which should help. So, I'm adding that to my daily arsenal of vitamins and supplements!

So, all in all, I had good reports. Hopefully my BP will be down at my next appointment - that's the only concern I have right now. I'm going to join the Y to work on my aerobic activity. I'm excited because they have tons of classes at our Fishers Y which is just right down the road from our house. I can go before or after work so it should fit in well with my schedule.

Excitment - as of this morning, I only weigh 3 pounds more than Kevin - watch out, I'm about to pass him! I'll post updated pictures at the 75 pound mark - which should be soon.

As always, thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement!

Sarah

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." -TS Elliott

6 comments:

Corinne said...

Congratulations Sarah. That is great news that you have hit 70 lbs. I am very proud of you. Keep it up!!!

Corinne

Anonymous said...

Great Job !! And after you work out at the Y on Sundays you can meet me across the lawn for Bingo !! Whoop Whoop

Erin said...

Sarah I am so proud of you... keep it up. It's amazing to see how far you've already come and I look forward to those 75 lbs. pictures:)

Sandra said...

Yeah Sarah! You are doing awesome. That bp will be in check in no time!!

Aunt Lynn said...

Hey Sarah! I've been wanting to respond ever since you started this, but I have no idea what I'm doing! I hope this works! You amaze me! I can't believe the courage you had to go through with this in the beginning and then to keep on top of it so well! You are truly an inspiration to us all!! I can't wait to see pictures, I'm sure you look wonderful already! I LOVE YOU!!

Amy said...

Sarah,
I just caught up on your blog. (Aunt Diane told me about it.) Congratulations!!!! I'm so impressed and proud. Your success is a great motivation for me as well. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing the "new you" later this year!
Amy Top