Monday, June 9, 2008

Minus 50

Woohoo! I'm down 50 pounds 9 1/2 weeks after surgery. My goal was 50 in two months - took me a little longer, but at least I made it. That makes me 28% of my way towards my total goal of 178 pounds. My BMI has gone from 54.6 to 46.3 - on the road to a healthy BMI!!


Exciting knowledge: I attended the Newbie support group and found out I can eat a protein bar and drink 24 ounces of milk a day instead of the protein shake! Whoop whoop! I know I'm being a baby about drinking the 12 ounces of protein shake, but it's nasty and I ended up skipping it a lot of days - not a good idea. The South Beach protein bars are pretty good and there are a variety of flavors. Also, it's kind of nice to have a little snack to eat. Another exciting piece of info I gained at the support group - I can have sugar free hard candy! Yippee! Can't have gum, so it's nice to have something to freshen the breath while I'm out and about. Found sugar free cinnamon discs (my favorite hard candy) at Walgreens - super excited about that.


Small victories: Mary and I went shopping for some work clothes. I usually have trouble buying pants at Kohl's because I always needed one size bigger than what they sell. Well, we went and I got 2 pairs of pants, 3 tops, and two dresses! I love wearing dresses, but I haven't felt confident in one in a while. I also can now comfortably wear a pair of shorts I have that I could barely squeeze on a month ago. Granted, I'll still be shopping in the plus sized section for a while, but going down a size and fitting into some of my clothes again has really boosted my confidence and gives me hope that someday I'll be able to kiss plus sized clothes good-bye!


That's about all for now....thanks for reading! Some pics before surgery and some pics of me today are posted above!

No comments: