Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bring on the dress!!!

So, I'm still at 99.5 pounds and getting frustrated! Why won't my body let go of that next .5 pound so I can finally say I've lost 100 pounds?!?!

This picture makes me feel better though because I think I look noticeably thinner in it. Mary and I went and ordered my bridesmaid's dress the other night. This is the style we are wearing, but in black. We had the greatest guy helping us. We were talking about weight loss and he shared that he has lost like 180 pounds - you can kind of see him in the mirror behind me. You would never know from looking at him that he used to be so heavy - he carries a "before" picture in his wallet that he showed us. It was amazing and very inspirational!

This will be my sixth time wearing a bridesmaids dress. I've been a bridesmaid for my cousins Jenny and Ann, friends Kendra and Heather, and for Larry and Erin's wedding. Being the matron of honor in Scott and Mary's wedding will probably be my last time wearing a bridesmaid's dress, but I think this is the best I've ever looked in one! Ending my bridesmaid career with a bang!


"Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point." -Harold B. Melchart

4 comments:

K-Ron said...

You look WONDERFUL!!!! You are my hero. I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see you. We are really going to kick butt at the Indy Mini. Maybe we can set a goal to do it in 3 hours flat.

I bet by the time you read this you will have dropped that half pound. Love ya and keep up the great work!!!

Erin said...

Sarah... you look absolutely amazing. I see you at least once a week and each time you look noticeably thinner:)Keep up the great work!

Sandra said...

I know I have hated most of the dresses I had to wear, I felt best in the dress for Julie's wedding, I was at my thinnest then. You look great!

Melissa said...

You go girl! Love the dress...no better motivation than a bridesmaid's dress (ok, maybe children and a long healthy life motivate some, but let's be real...)

You're such a big loser :)