Friday, May 15, 2009

One year later....

I had my one year check up with my surgeon, Dr. Evanson, last week. I'm actually 13 months out, but there were some scheduling conflicts, so I just had my one year check up. He is very pleased with my progress and says I'm actually ahead of schedule. I wanted to be under 200 lbs by my one year surgiversary - I'm at 214 - sigh! Close. I'll get there.

Reflection time:

Weight:
4/2/08: 328
Now: 214


BMI:
4/2/08: 54.58 - Morbidly obese
Now: 35.61 - just regular obese - on my way to being just overweight - woohoo!


Health issues:
4/2/08 - was taking medication for high blood pressure, knees crackled like crazy, winded going up the stairs
Now: Blood pressure is normal - no meds, knees survived the mini-marathon, and I can run around in the yard with the kids without being out of breath.


Clothes:
4/2/08: Size 26/28 or xxxl tops. Squeezing into my size 26 pants
Now: xl or size 14/16 tops. Size 18 pants - and I just bought a pair of size 16 capris!


Pictures:

This picture was taken 4/1/08, the night before surgery:


Me and Dr. E at my one year checkup, 5/7/09



Life is good! Only 64 more pounds to go until I hit my goal of 150. I'll post again at the 199 mark!



"You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance." ~Lee Iacocca

No comments: